After owning an Instant Pot for nearly 4 months – I thought it was time to reflect on what I have learned and what I have cooked/will repeat cooking in the IP.
- If you don’t like to cook and think that the IP is a MAGIC POT – you are WRONG.
- I have read more ridiculous posts over the last 4 months from folks who thought you can just throw ingredients into the pot – flip a switch – and have a gourmet meal.
- I already LOVE to cook/eat – and research….so the Instant Pot came quite quickly to me.
- If you intend on using Facebook groups/Internet recipes/etc for Instant Pot recipes – please take the good with the bad. For whatever reason – there are some people who like to give incomplete instructions. Please review and use credible sources.
- Recipes that I will continue to cook in the Instant Pot: (recipes are included in my blog)
- Mississippi Pot Roast or French Dip Sandwiches (fav’s in my household)
- Hard Boiled Eggs/Poached Eggs
- Ribs (With 20 HP+10 NR) I can have the ribs under the broiler OR on the grill to finish in no time.
- I admit that I am still learning – there are still so many things I want to “play” with:
- Pre-made cinnamon roll dough in silicone egg cups
- Orange breakfast roll dough in silicone egg cups
- Vanilla Extract for Christmas gifts (definitely read this blog about the topic) – http://www.friedalovesbread.com/2016/11/one-pot-pressure-cooker-vanilla-extract.html